Send us a pic of your install to our Email
A good place to start when you’re installing your decals is to view some online instructional videos of how to correctly apply them, there are many videos on YouTube which could help. Just type in “Wet install of large decal” into the search bar. Watch a couple of these before getting started.
We are not responsible for installation errors.
*** If decal is delivered messed up or in a damaged box due to shipping PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL IT.. take a picture and send it to us… Do not attempt to install the decal.***
Temperature Recommendations: Surface temperatures MUST be between 50 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit before attempting the installation. As a general rule, if the surface is hot to the touch it’s over 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Adhesive becomes brittle when it gets too cold and gummy when it is too hot. Applications outside the recommended range of 50 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit reduce the adhesives’ ability to perform.
There are two options for the application procedure: dry or wet. Applying vinyl dry does not allow for any mistakes, and recommended for small decals. Once the vinyl touches the surface, there is no removal without damage. If you plan to use dry application, you can skip steps 4 & 5 of the instructions.
It is not recommended to use the wet application if your decal has clear transfer tape. Use this method on decals with a solid area of 12×18 or larger. Do not use wet method on decals with small detail lines or small text.
Instructions for a basic wet install of a large decal:
- Make sure the installation area is clean (Can use rubbing alcohol to remove grease and wax)
- Lay the decal flat, facing up and use a credit card/bondo knife to make sure the transfer tape is firmly on the decal by rubbing the entire decal down.
- Pull up a corner of the transfer and slowly separate the decal from the wax paper backing
- Fill a spray bottle with water and a couple drops of plain dish soap
- Spray down the area the decal will be going (While wet you are able to maneuver the decal around and position it more precisely, and even lift it back off the surface if needed)
- Place the decal in that area
- Use a credit card/bondo knife to work all the water out from under the decal (start in the middle and work your way out)
- Let dry for a half hour or more
- When completely dry, (Here’s a trick: use a hair dryer if you are having trouble getting it to dry) grab a corner of the transfer tape and slowly start to pull it off leaving the decal behind on your chosen surface
We understand that installing decals can be difficult, especially if you have never installed them before. But just a heads up… we sell hundreds of decals each month and 100% of them are on with no issues other than installer error. The material and transfer tape are top dollar, high quality material so there is never an issue with this. Every order is made when ordered so they are as fresh as possible.. nothing ever sits around on a shelf here.. ever.
Make your decal last
- If your decal is placed on the rear window of the vehicle, it is not recommended to use the rear windshield wiper if your vehicle is equipped with one. The wiper blade making contact with the decal can shorten its lifespan.
- If you live in a cold climate, be careful using ice scrapers or deicing fluid as they can also damage the decal.
Print or Save as a PDF: Decal Installation Instructions